Dr. Dunphy’s Soybean Variety Information Book has been compiled into a spreadsheet below. Data was collected from the NC OVT (2012 – 2016). You can use this to filter by maturity group, herbicide technology, company, disease resistance, etc. You can also sort by yield.
Yield is reported as the percent above or below the average of all varieties in that maturity group, tested at the same locations. There is yield data for early planting (May), late planting (June), and overall (average of early and late plantings). Yields reported in the 20-, 40-, or 60-bushel environments are predictions based actual yields (minimum of 10 environments). These are reported as predicted bu/ac instead of % above or below the average.
- Click the ‘View Larger Version’ in the bottom right corner to see the entire spreadsheet.
- Tables sorted by yield (and filtered by maturity group) can be viewed by clicking the down arrow in the top left corner (beside ‘All Varieties’). These tables only have varieties with at least 10 environments of data.
- To filter/sort based on your parameters of interest use the ‘Add Filters’ and/or the ‘Apply Sort’ buttons. You can add multiple columns to sort by or multiple filters.
- The link in the info column takes you to the variety info sheet from the company, if available.
- To print or download the table so it can be used in Excel, click the ‘…’ button beside ‘Apply Sort’ and then click ‘Print’ or ‘Download CSV’.
Note: The North Carolina Soybean Producers Association recommends nor discourages the use of any variety, and are not liable for the use or misuse of the information provided. The information contained herein has been compiled from sources deemed reliable and it is accurate to the best of our knowledge; however, we cannot be held liable for any errors or omissions. Changes are periodically made to this website and may be made at any time.