The North Carolina Soybean Producers Association is announcing a call for nominations for the January 2014 board of directors elections. Eligible candidates will be checkoff-paying soybean producers. Nominations will be accepted through November 29, 2013. To nominate an individual, email the association at firstname.lastname@example.org/, call 1-800-839-5775 , or download the nomination form here, fill it out and mail it to the association’s mail address.
Nominations will be accepted for board seats in the following counties:
- District 3: Franklin, Vance, Wake, Warren
- District 4: Edgecombe, Halifax, Nash
- District 7: Pasquotank
- District 9: Bertie, Chowan, Dare, Tyrrell, Washington
- District 13: Carteret, Craven, Jones, Onslow, Pamlico
- District 14: Greene, Lenoir, Wayne, Wilson
- District 19: Hoke, Robeson, Scotland
- District 22: Duplin
Soybean board directors serve three year terms and are eligible for one additional term. Duties include governing soybean checkoff research & promotion investments in North Carolina, and non-checkoff supported policy and advocacy activities. The 30-member board is the qualified state board to administer the soybean checkoff in North Carolina. Service is voluntary. For more information, call 1-800-839-5775.