North Carolina Soybean Producers Association
Founded by soy growers in 1966, the N.C. Soybean Producers Association conducts promotions, consumer education and research activities on behalf of North Carolina soy growers and their industry partners. The association is funded by a soybean farmer assessment (“the checkoff”) that requires a small assessment on the total value of soybeans marketed at first point of sale.
2023 Summer Intern Position Guide
The NCSPA is looking for an enthusiastic, collaborative person to work with association staff members responsible for outreach & communications and for research to implement projects. The intern will be encouraged to participate in staff meetings and to contribute ideas and initiatives to support staff-led projects. The intern position will be supervised by the Outreach Director and the Research Coordinator.
Location: The office at 3600 Haworth Drive, Suite 2, Raleigh, N.C. 27609.
Time Commitment: 15-20 hours per week. May exceed.
Duration: May 15, 2023 through August 15, 2023 minimum, longer by arrangement.
Compensation: $15/ hr.
- Work with the Outreach Director to implement projects and events to educate target audiences about soybean production, farmers, products, and the industry. Expected to attend events.
- Work with the Research Coordinator to implement and monitor soy research projects and to communicate information about research outcomes.
- Drafting messages and content to be used in print, social media, TV and radio platforms.
- Monitoring industry news and local / regional / international market information and provide updates and briefings to staff.
- Work with staff members to design content and provide information to multiple audiences in adherence to the association’s brand management strategy.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be enrolled in a college or university with an interest in agriculture, agribusiness, or ag industry communications.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills.
- Experience with social media and web-based media a plus.
- Experience with graphic design and web design a plus.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Faith Case and Jeff Chandler at email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
The North Carolina Soybean Producers Association is an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.