The North Carolina Soybean Producers Association elected nine members to serve a three-year term on its board of directors at its 47th annual meeting in Durham, N.C. on Jan. 17, 2014.
Directors on the state soybean board are responsible for overseeing the soybean checkoff-funded research, marketing and communications work of the association, as well as conducting advocacy work on behalf of the state’s soybean industry.
Newly elected board members are:
- Justin Allen of Pantego, N.C. — Bertie, Chowan, Dare, Tyrrell, Washington
- Jessica Burgess of Eure, N.C. — Pasquotank
- Bert Dixon of Maury, N.C. — Greene, Lenoir, Wayne, Wilson
- Gary Hendrix of Raeford, N.C. — Hoke, Scotland, Robeson
- Ben Moses, Jr. of Conway, N.C. — Edgecombe, Halifax, Nash
- Christopher Naylor of Clinton, N.C. — Sampson
- Cody Paul of Bayboro, N.C. — Carteret, Craven, Jones, Onslow, Pamlico
- Craig Seaman of Manson, N.C. — Franklin, Vance, Wake, Warren
- Kenneth Bartlett of LaGrange, N.C. — Greene, Lenoir, Wayne, Wilson
North Carolina soybean producers elected the following officers for 2014:
- President – Bernard Lennon of Evergreen, N.C.;
- Vice President – Jeff Peed of Aurora, N.C.;
- Secretary – John Fleming of Scotland Neck, N.C.
- Treasurer – Jimmy Thomas of Timberlake, N.C.