Weed scientists often see farmers making the same mistakes when managing their fields. Common ones include:
- Applying herbicides when weeds are too tall
- Not using residual herbicides or not using them at adequate rates in pre-plant/pre-emergence programs
- Applying herbicides at rates lower than the labeled minimum
- Using ineffective herbicides for weeds that are in the field
- Failure to control winter annuals in a timely manner
- Relying on one herbicide to get the job done
CLICK HERE to learn more about these mistakes and what to do to solve them.